10 Places to Get Ideas for Your Business Niche
Finding the perfect niche can be challenging, but it doesn’t have to be!
The key to finding the perfect business niche is to find something that you’re passionate about and that your audience is interested in. You should also identify the problems that your audience is facing and offer them solutions through your content and products.
To help you find the perfect niche, we’ve compiled a list of 10 places to conduct research and see what your audience is talking about. By using these resources, you’ll be able to choose the perfect business niche for your course or coaching business.
10 Places to Conduct Research
- Keyword Search: Use Google’s free Keyword Planner tool to see which keywords are popular in your niche.
- Social Media: Use social media platforms to see what people are discussing related to your topic, and see who they’re following and what content they’re engaging with.
- Blogs: Look for blogs in your topic area and see what people are writing about. Read the comments of popular blogs to see what readers are saying and asking.
- YouTube Videos: Search for your topic area on YouTube and see what you can find there. You’ll find videos on your topic with comments you can read, as well as sub-topics that can be niche ideas for you.
- Online Reviews: Product reviews offer a great place to get ideas. Look at review blogs and customer reviews in online marketplaces like Amazon and eBay.
- Community Forums: Sites like Reddit and Quora offer a great place for you to be a fly on the wall and listen to people ask questions and discuss issues they’re facing. It’s a great way to get niche ideas.
- Online Marketplaces: Look at online marketplaces for products you might sell. If you find something your audience needs, you can choose a niche based on that product or product type.
- The Competition: Look around online to see who else is in your niche, what content they’re producing, and what they’re selling. You’ll get ideas on what’s popular and also learn about what’s already out there so you can set yourself apart.
- TV and News: See what’s on TV and watch the news for trending topics. You might find something timely or a problem many people are facing that you could tackle.
- Calendar: What big holidays or events are coming up? Sometimes you can find a highly timely niche that’s related to a time of year or seasonal event.
The best practice is to start with the things you’re passionate about. Conduct research using the above resources to assess the interests and needs of your target market. Then, assess whether your niche ideas are potentially profitable or not. Brainstorm a big list and narrow it down until you’ve found the right one.
If you’re interested in learning more about how you can create a personal brand that increases your visibility and audience, you’re in the right place. The Brand Wayfinder Process brings together brand voice, strategy, storytelling and visibility strategies to help you create a personal brand that will set you apart as an industry leader.
Building a personal brand can be a challenging task, but it’s a crucial step in establishing yourself as a thought leader in your industry. By creating a personal brand that is authentic, memorable, and effective, you can communicate your values and expertise, connect with your audience on a deeper level, and stand out in a crowded online world.
If you’re ready to take the next step and build your personal brand, the Brand Wayfinder process will guide you through the process of identifying your strengths and values and developing a personal brand strategy that aligns with your goals.
Together, we’ll create a brand strategy that will give you the confidence, clarity, and accountability you need to create a personal brand that truly represents you and resonates with your audience. So, if you’re ready to get started, click through to learn more about how the Brand Wayfinder can help you achieve your goals and build a strong personal brand.